-- a place for Episcopalian Students and Alumni of the University to meet --

Monday, October 25, 2010

ACCEPT vigil

Last week several members of the Charlottesville gathered on the north steps of the rotunda at UVA to honor and celebrate the lives of those LGBTQI teens who took their own lives as a result of bullying by their peers.

It was an extremely uplifting evening with many encouraging words and many tears.

Canterbury Fellowship attended the event as a group to show our support for all those who have been the victims of bullying on the basis of intolerance and ignorance.

QUAA and the organizers of this event asked me to speak. My own words were for those who no longer have a voice in this world and for those who feel they don't have a voice.

I implore you all to think about your role as a member of our society and ask that you make a commitment to end this kind of bullying.

Shortly I will be uploading a video, created by the Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson, Bishop of New Hampshire and openly gay clergy member. I'll also - once I've had a chance to edit my words - post a transcript of my speech to this blog.

Peace be with you and always remember: you are exactly as God made you. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Ever yours,

Sean BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment